Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Last Unicorn

Ok, first off, this picture was drawn by an AMAZING artist by the name of Migg. You can find her deviantART profile here. She has been kind enough to start working on some comissions for me in exchange for a Richu plushie, which I still need to get the yarn for, but I'll begin working on it as soon as I can! This is her impression of a Unicorn, as seen in 'The Last Unicorn', which was one of my favorite childhood movies. I wish I had the talent to draw! the only thing is, drawing has never been my strong suit. I'm happy with my hooks, thank you very much.

Right now, I'm just feeling lonely here at work. I'm the only one in the office, and at 9:45pm on a Sunday night I havn't had a call in over 2 hours. I finished my book, 'Wild Rain' by Christine Feehan, and wishing that I had brought another to devour. Reading has always been a form of escape for me, putting me in another time and another place while my life swirls ultimatly out of control. Writing used to do the same thing, but I have found that my creativity has died down so much that every time I do pick up a pen, the drivel that spews  forth is not worth the public eye. I used to be fairly decent at it though, and I'm hoping that with practice I can get back into it. For now though, I'm content with sharing my life with those who may sometimes take a peak at my blog.

I'm thinking about the things I would like to make. My first thing that I absolutly need to finish is Link from Legend of Zelda for my boyfriend. I've been working on it on and off for quite awhile, and I need to have it done before I see him again, so that I can suprise him (although, every time I do post something on here he reads it anyway, so it wont really be a suprise). I also need to finish a few more Mario Mushrooms to send out to Jake, my best friend and former boyfriend. But when I get home I dont want to pick up a hook anymore. I either write in my journal, read, or try to fall asleep, because of the fact that I'm so depressed its hard to function. I cant wake up any earler than I absolutly have to, so my laundry pile and chore list streach beyond my knees, and still all I can think about is sleep. Sleep and food. And even then, most of the foods that I crave are either out of reach or need to be made, and I just dont have the energy. I dont have the energy to do much ov anything. I just feel so out of control and useless. I dont know why, when everything in my life is going fine. I dont know, now I'm rambling.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww Nikka, I hope things start getting better for you soon xoxo

    And that drawing is gorgeous, I wish I had the talent to draw like that!

    ReplyDelete