Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Learning Habits Prompt

Ok since photobucket is being stupid, I had to go on google to find a decent anime picture. I will try to put pictures into most of my blog posts, since it seems to break up the manotony of the long posts I tend to write.

Well, this prompt is again from my CVTC cemenar yesterday, and I figured that I'd be able to break up most of my prompts over a number of days. So this is the second one. These are questions asked at the semenar about my learning habbits, and I thought it would be interesting to answer them on my blog.

How do you learn?
       The way I learn is rather comlicated. I am a big note taker, though I have to have them organized in a very strategic way. I can not just throw notes around willy nilly, and I have to to have a structure. Everything hast to have its place, otherwise I feel like I'm failing. I have had times where I just couldn't study because I couldnt find my notes, due to the fact that I did not have them organized. I am also a big textbook reader. I'll take notes on what Im reading, the parts I know are important.

What is your preferred way of learning?
        Taking notes and talking to teachers. If there is something I don't quite understand or I didn't get, I will talk to my teacher about it. Now sometimes that doesnt always work, because some teachers dont like to be bugged. But mostly it works out fine for me, and I've actually had teachers take copies of my 'good' notes.


Learning does not come easy to me in most things. I have to work for it and I work very hard at it. I'm very good at reading and writing, but horrible at math and science. Mostly because both of those are more like artistic comprehensive skills, while math and science is analitical. So, while I am very good at writing essays or doing worksheets on books, I cant understand mathimatical equasions very well or remember scientific formulas.

So that about sums it up, I think. I'll see what other prompts I can come up with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment